6 Days Wildlife Safari Trip to Kidepo Valley
6 Days Wildlife Safari Trip to Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda Tour of Wildlife
These 6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip to Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda Tour of Wildlife shall expose the client to the rare species of wildlife especially the “Big Five” and various cats. It is easy to see all the big African cats; lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena, jackals, and civet cats in addition to various birdlife. It is only in Kidepo Valley that you can see the ostrich!
6 Days Wildlife Safari Trip Highlights
Detailed 6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip
Day 1: Northern Uganda Drive
Early morning drive from Kampala / Entebbe to Kitgum town through the towns along the Northern Uganda route namely; Luweero, Kigumba, Bweyale, Kamudini and Gulu. Driving northern enables us go through a cross section of Uganda’s fragmented eco – geographical zones; diminishing rain forests, savanna woodland and grasslands, water bodies (River Nile), semi-arid areas.
Driving through Northern Uganda gives us a chance to see the effects of Lord’s Resistance Army war of Joseph Kony who fled to Central African Republic. Because it is impossible to drive direct to Kidepo valley in one day due to the long distances, an overnight stay in Kitgum town is ideal
Day 2: A drive to Kidepo Valley Park
Early morning drive from Kitgum town to the remotest but highly bio-diverse park of Kidepo Valley. This drive allows us to go through the “Karamajongs” a primitive tribal community and a cattle-keeping people who are adapting slowly to changes to their traditional way of life.
Kidepo Valley National Park boasts of a total of 86 mammal species, which makes it the National Park with the third highest number of games in Uganda. It protects a far greater variety of large mammals than any other national park in Uganda. There are 28 species found nowhere else in Uganda. There is a checklist counting 463 confirmed and 26 unconfirmed bird species.
Entering from Katurum gate in mid-morning a number of animals like; striped and spotted hyena, the greater and lesser Kudu, Jackson’s harte beest, Oribis and many others can be seen before reaching Apoka Tourism Information Centre for lunch. Then an afternoon game drive before residing in the available accommodation of your choice. Enjoy dinner and night at Apoka Lodge
Day 3: Kidepo Valley Uganda Tour of Wildlife
Take a morning game drive to Kanangorok hot spring and to the Narus Valley after an early morning breakfast. The tracks of this park support animals like elephants, Cape buffaloes, Roth child’s, Giraffes, Burch-ell’s Zebras, Cheaters, Lions, Leopards, Guenther’s Dik diks, Common Elands, Bohor reed-bucks among others.
Important Birds to be seen include; the Giant Ostrich, Bustards, Secretary birds, Karamoja Apalis among others. After having lunch at Apoka we proceed to Karenna and Kadepo for a cultural performance (alternative activity) given by the native Karamajong people. Enjoy dinner and night at Apoka Lodge.
Day 4: Kidepo Valley to Murchison
Set off early morning from Kidepo valley National Park to Pakwach, a peripheral town to Murchison Falls National Park. This drive again goes through Kitgum and Gulu from where an en route lunch can be enjoyed. A variety of accommodation facilities are available around Pakwach town
Day 5: Murchison Falls – Uganda Tour of Wildlife
An Early game drive is made on the northern bank of River Nile entering the park by Tangi gate. The park is dotted with Borassus palms, acacia species that are food to elephants and Roth Child’s Giraffes, the drive allows us to see elephants, savanna buffaloes, Harte beasts, Uganda kobs. Birds like African hoopoes, Martial eagles, White backed and Griffon’s vultures.
Elusive cats like lions and leopards can luckily be seen close to the delta where river Nile enters into Lake Albert. The climax of this game drive is summarized by the view of numerous semi- aquatic hippos at the “hippo pool” where they rest from after an overnight grazing.
An afternoon boat cruise on the waters of the Nile where the falls are visited from down. A variety of animals like water bucks, elephants can be seen. The Nile crocodile can be seen basking on the banks of the river. An overnight in one of the lodges close to the Nile River.
Day 6: End of Uganda Tour – Murchison Falls Park
As we drive back to Kampala City / Entebbe town through Budongo Forest and Masindi town; a visit to the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to see one of the “Big five” is rewarding, and after lunch proceed to Kampala through, Nakasongola and Luweero – the Liberation war battle zone.
End of 6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip
6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Full time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e., park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Boat trips in Murchison Falls National Park
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas or soft drinks while on Uganda Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $5.0 per pax off as donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas
- All government related taxes
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- Air fares
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the 6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require a deposit of 50% of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits in case they are involved.
- The balance should be paid 1 month prior to the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the 6 Days Wildlife Safari Uganda Trip costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer, any significant changes beyond will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause hazard or inconvenience to other clients and to our environment and ecosystems.
- Please note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate, therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.
Latest East Africa Travel News
- May 2, 2023
- April 6, 2023
- December 7, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- November 22, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- January 25, 2022
- January 18, 2022