2 Days Lake Mburo TourSeptember 3, 2022
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla TrekSeptember 3, 2022
2 Days Mabira Forest Tour
A Uganda Safari Holiday Specifically Designed for You!
Plan Your Adventure
Call: +256 752 180468
WhatsApp: +256 783 692219
Let’s Go Find & Explore with Deks
2 Days Mabira Forest Tour, Upper Nile River Rafting and Driving
On the 2-Day Mabira Forest Tour, Upper Nile, White Water Rafting, and Zipline Tour, you will take a nature walk through Mabira Forest, the largest tropical rainforest in central Uganda, passing through secondary and primary forests. Griffin Falls in the middle of the forest. You can also zipline on the 40m high canopy! From here you travel to the source of the mighty Nile, the longest river in the world.
Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Full-time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full-time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas, or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes, or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
Detailed 2-Day Mabira Forest Tour, Upper Nile, Whitewater Rafting, and Drip Driving
Day 1: Mabira Rainforest
Drive to Mabira forest east of Kampala in the morning from Entebbe town or Kampala city depending on where you have stayed before. Mabira Forest is the largest tropical rainforest in central Uganda and is home to a significant amount of biodiversity, including mammals such as red-tailed monkeys, grey-cheeked mangabeys, great blue turacos, birds such as black-and-white-crowned hornbills and rare species such as Nahan’s Francolin, Cassin.
Eagles, purples, trees, butterflies, and many other animals can be seen. Ecotourism activities in this jungle include nature walks, sky trails/zip lines, bird watching, camping, and overnight stays. After a day of activities of your choice in the beautiful forest, you will spend the night at Griffin Falls Lodges/Hotel Jinja.
Day 2 of 2 Days Mabira Forest Tour: Upper Nile and/or white-water rafting
After a delicious forest breakfast, you drive to the mighty Nile, the longest Nile in the world. After the briefing, we went to the starting point for rafting. It’s even better if you complete the full-day course. It takes about 6-7 hours.
If time permits, take a boat trip to one of Uganda’s earliest explorers, John Speck, who named the source of the Nile. During your cruise, you will see many water birds such as cormorants, pelicans, storks, kingfishers, and more. After this important visit, drive back to Kampala city or Entebbe, albeit late in the evening!