6 Days Uganda Safari Tour in Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda
Uganda’s Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park 6 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour will allow clients to get up close and personal with rare wildlife, especially the ‘Big Five‘ and various cat families. It is easy to see all the big African cats; apart from various birds, there are lions, leopards, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, jackals, and civet cats. Ostrich can only be seen in Kidepo Valley!
6 Days Uganda Safari Tour Highlights
- Day 1: Northern Uganda Highway
- Day 2: Drive to Kidepo Valley Park
- Day 3: Kidepo Valley Uganda wildlife viewing
- Day 4: Kidepo Valley to Murchison
- Day 5: Murchison Falls – Uganda wildlife viewing
- Day 6: End of Uganda Tour – Murchison Falls Park
6 Days Uganda Safari Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis.
- Full-time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Van (Drone, or Super custom)/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full-time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide.
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives.
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas, or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes, or transfers.
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program.
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport.
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- All government-related taxes
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls.
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- All other services of a personal nature.
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity.
Detailed 6 Days Uganda Safari Tour
Day 1: Northern Uganda Highway
Drive early in the morning from Kampala/Entebbe through towns on the northern Uganda route to Kitgum; Luweero, Kigumba, Bweyale, Kamudini, and Gulu. Heading north, we can travel through a cross-section of Uganda’s fragmented eco-geographical regions; reduced rainforests, savannah forests, and grasslands, water bodies (Nile), semi-arid areas.
Driving through northern Uganda, we had the opportunity to see the aftermath of Joseph Kony’s LRA wars, who had fled to the Central African Republic. Due to the distance, it is not possible to go directly to the Kidepo Valley in one day, so an overnight stay in Kitgum is ideal.
Day 2 of 6 Days Uganda Safari Tour: Drive to Kidepo Valley Park
Drive early in the morning from Kitgum town to Kidepo Valley Park, the most remote park with biodiversity. This trip allows us to travel through the “Karamajongs”, a primitive tribal community and cattle breeders who are slowly adapting to the changes in their traditional way of life.
With 86 mammal species, Kidepo Valley National Park is Uganda’s third largest national park in terms of the game population. It protects many more species of large mammals than any other national park in Uganda. 28 species not found elsewhere in Uganda. The list includes 463 identified and 26 unidentified bird species.
As you enter the Catulum Gate in the morning, there are many animals such as; striped and spotted hyenas, kudu and kudu, Jackson antelope, and Oribe before arriving at Apoka Tourist Information Center for lunch, and many other animals. Then go on an afternoon game drive before checking into your choice of available accommodation. Dinner and evening at Apoka Lodge.
Day 3 of 6 Days Uganda Safari Tour: Kidepo Valley Uganda wildlife viewing
After breakfast, drive to Kanangorok Hot Springs and Narus Valley in the morning. The tracks of this park support animals like elephants, horned buffalo, Rothschild, giraffe, Burchell’s zebra, cheetah, lion, leopard, Gunther’s pond, thornbush, Bohor’s reed warbler, and more.
Important birds include giant ostrich, bustard, secretary bird, Karamoja Apalis, and others. After lunch in Apoka, we went to Karenna and Kadepo for a cultural performance (alternative activity) provided by the local Karajongo people. Dinner and evening at Apoka Lodge.
Day 4 of 6 Days Uganda Safari Tour: Kidepo Valley to Murchison
Depart Kidepo Valley National Park early in the morning and head to Parkwach, a remote town in Murchison Falls National Park. The road again passes Kitgum and Gulu, from where you can enjoy lunch on the way. A variety of accommodation options are available around the town of Pakwach
Day 5 of 6 Days Uganda Safari Tour: Murchison Falls – Uganda wildlife viewing
Take an early game drive on the north bank of the Nile and enter the park through the Tangi Gate. Dotted with Borassus palms, acacia species for elephant food, and Rothschild’s giraffes, the drive allowed us to see elephants, savannah buffalo, Hartebeest, and Ugandan maize. Birds such as the African kestrel, martial eagle, white-backed eagle, and Griffin Condor.
Fortunately, elusive felines such as lions and leopards can be seen near the delta where the Nile flows into Lake Albert. The climax of the safari is the “Hippo Pond”, where many semi-aquatic hippos rest after a night of grazing.
Take an afternoon boat ride on the waters of the Nile and visit the falls from below. Various animals like sambar and elephants can be seen. Nile crocodiles can be seen basking on the banks of the river. Overnight in a cabin by the Nile.
Day 6: Murchison Falls Park to Kampala
Driving back to Kampala City/Entebbe City via Budongo Forest and Masindi City; a visit to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is worth seeing one of the “Big Five”, after lunch via Nakasongola and Luweero – Liberation War battlefield to Kampala.
6 Days Uganda Safari Tour in Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda completes the wildlife tour.