8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari in Uganda
The 8-day Uganda Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Tour is an incredible journey to the second highest peak in Uganda – the Wagagai Peak at 4321 meters. Mount Elgon is known for having the world’s largest crater, the largest volcanic base, and a famous cross-border attraction between Uganda and Kenya. This adventurous hike takes you along the ascending Pisva Trail and the descending Sasa Trail.
Safari 8 Days Trekking Adventure Safari at Mount Elgon in Uganda
- Day 1: Arrival at Uganda-Entebbe International Airport at 22:40, take SN Brussels Airport to your hotel
- Day 2: Transfer to the Sipi waterfall area. Enjoy the countryside view
- Day 3: Kapkwata trailhead – Piswa Camp 11 km
- Day 4: Pisa Camp – Hunter’s Cave Camp 16 km
- Day 5: Hunter’s Cave Camp – Crater – Mudd Camp 13 km. But if you want to visit the hot springs, it adds 6 km. Total 19 kilometers
- Day 6: Camp Mudd – Wagagai Peak – Camp Mudd 18 km
- Day 7: Mudd Camp – Sassa River Camp 5 km
- Day 8: Sasa River Camp – Buddiri 11 km
- Day 9: Return to Kampala
8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis.
- Full-time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Van (Drone, or Super custom)/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full-time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide.
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives.
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas, or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes, or transfers.
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program.
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport.
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $7 per pax off as a donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas.
- All government-related taxes
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls.
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- All other services of a personal nature.
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity.
Detailed 8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda – Entebbe International Airport at 22.40, go to SN Brussels Airport to hotel
After a long flight from your home country, you land at Entebbe International Airport, which is the main entrance to Uganda if you are arriving by plane. The airport is located on a majestic peninsula surrounded by the freshwater of Lake Victoria – the second largest freshwater lake in the world, the largest lake in Africa, and the largest tropical lake in the world.
Fresh breezes and bright equatorial sun await you. You will collect your Uganda visa from the immigration office on arrival at the airport, then join the waiting area where our company representative will politely welcome you to Uganda. Go to the hotel to rest and spend the night.
Budget: Airport hotel – single room with bathroom (bed and breakfast)
Day 2 of 8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari: Transfer to the Sipi waterfall area. Enjoy the countryside view
After breakfast at the hotel, you drive to eastern Uganda at 7:00 am with a driver-guide. You drive 80 kilometers on the Jinja road through Kampala and enjoy the view of Lugazi sugarcane plantation, and Mabira forest in the humid morning before arriving in Jinja, one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in Uganda One, its community hides the source of the history of the Nile – the longest in the world.
Continue 39 kilometers to Iganga where you explore impressive sugar and rice plantations and natural swamps with flowing streams. The drive will take you to Mbale town which is 109 kilometers from Iganga and finally, you will reach Sipi Falls which is 48 kilometers from Mbale. The trip takes about 5 hours. Spend the afternoon enjoying the view of the falls.
Luxury: Sipi River Lodge – Anniet Cottage (Full Board)
Day 3: Kapkwata trailhead – Piswa Camp 11 km
After breakfast, the trek starts at 2190m and follows the Kapkwata trail to Piswa Camp (2850m) which winds through the amazing views of bamboo, moorland, and desert.
Accommodation: Camp Piswa (full board)
Day 4 of 8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari: Piswa Camp – Hunter’s Cave Camp 16 km
After breakfast, the climb continues from 2850m, trekking through the crater, past the stunning column of Lobelia Elgonensis, hot springs, and the Suam Gorge before descending to Hunter Cave Camp at around 3870m.
Accommodation: Hunter Cave Camp (full board)
Day 5: Hunter’s Cave Camp – Crater – Mudd Camp 13 km. But if you want to visit the hot springs, it adds 6 km. Total 19 kilometers
Hike to the Caldera, the largest mountain crater in the world, then head to Muda Cave. But if you want to expand the spa, you can do that too
Accommodation: Muda Camp (full board)
Day 6 of 8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari: Camp Mudd – Wagagai Peak – Camp Mudd 18 km
This is your special day to reach the second highest peak in Uganda and the fourth highest peak in East Africa. It was thought to be the highest in Africa before being lowered by denudation forces to its present level (4321m ASL). Accommodation: Muda Camp (full board)
Day 7: Mudd Camp – Sassa River Camp 5 km
Explore the other side of the mountain on the Sasa Trail.
Accommodation: Sasa River Camp (full board)
Day 8 of 8 Days Mount Elgon Trekking Adventure Safari: Sasa River Camp – Buddiri 11 km
Continue down to mark the end of your awesome adventure trek to Mount Elgon. Meet your driver-guide at Buddiri trailhead for transfer to Mbale.
Middle class: Mbale Resort Hotel – Executive Room
Day 9: Return to Kalagi Mukono – Christ Our Vision Orphanage. After a relaxing breakfast, go to the orphanage, where you will spend the rest of your time in the company of your children and family.