9 Days Family Trip in Uganda – “African Pear Mix” in the Middle Class
Combining wildlife, rhino tracking, and a Ugandan cruise, this 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda will bring the best of what Uganda has to offer to your family. Activities for all ages, you will stay in the best mid-range family boutique hotels, tours from Kampala, Jinja, and Nile activities, visit Sipi Falls, Murchison Falls National Park, and visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Entebbe Education Centre.
Highlights of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda
- Day 1: Airport reception/Entebbe meeting – transfer to hotel – briefing – overnight stay.
- Day 2: Entebbe/Kampala – Drive to Jinja – Zoo Keeper Day Experience – (2-hour drive)
- Day 3: Jinja Full Day Exploration and Tour (Optional Activities in Jinja – Includes the following activities)
- Day 4: Jinja – Transfer to Sipi Falls – Via Mbale Town – (4 hours’ drive)
- Day 5: Explore Sipi Falls and its surroundings – Drive to Guru – Free at night – (Total drive 5 hours)
- Day 6: Proceed to Murchison Falls National Park – Easy Evening Game Drive (3-hour drive)
- Day 7: Murchison Falls National Park – Morning Safari – Afternoon Boat Ride – Visit to the top of the Falls
- Day 8: Murchison Falls – Budongo – Chimpanzee Trekking – Exploring Hoima Culture – Ziwa Rhino
- Day 9: Ziwa Rhinos & Shoebill Safari Walk – Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe Departure
9 Days Family Trip in Uganda Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis.
- Full-time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Van (Drone, or Super custom)/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full-time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide.
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives.
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas, or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes, or transfers.
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program.
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport.
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $7 per pax off as a donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas.
- All government-related taxes
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls.
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- All other services of a personal nature.
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity.
9 Days Family Trip in Uganda Details
Day 1: Airport reception/Entebbe meeting – transfer to hotel – briefing – overnight stay.
Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, our representative and guide will meet, meet and transfer you to your accommodation for briefing, hunting procedures, dinner, and overnight stay. Depending on when you arrive, you may be able to do some optional activities in Entebbe, such as visiting the Botanical Gardens or the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre. Please note that all events today are optional. B) Meal plan
Laico Hotel (standard upper class),
Karibu guest house
Cassia lodge (middle class)
Day 2 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Entebbe/Kampala – Drive to Jinja – Zoo Keeper Day Experience – (2-hour drive)
Today, after breakfast, the whole family will go on an exciting adventure. You’ll get up early to cook food for the animals in the kitchen with the keepers at the Uganda Wildlife Education Center, then jump in the tractor and move from exhibit to exhibit to help feed everything from giraffe to giraffe to amazing rare and endangered animals.
Lions, lions, and chimpanzees to rare birds. You’ll see what goes on behind the scenes by attending breeder briefings, participating in documenting animal behavior or even getting the chance to perform health checks or help feed and rehabilitate rescued animals. This can be the most complete and fulfilling day of your work, lunch.
After this amazing experience, proceed to Jinja, the second largest city and colonial manufacturing center. From here, the Nile begins its journey from Lake Victoria to the Mediterranean Sea. There are many activities in the city. (B/D meal plan)
Kingfisher Resort – family bungalows
Day 3 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Jinja Full Day Exploration and Tour (Optional Activities in Jinja – Includes the following activities)
Today you may decide to go to Jinja for some optional activities. Note that all events today are (optional). In Jinja, you will stay at the Nile Portico/Kingfisher Resort. (Meal Plan B)
Today you can relax at the hotel or choose additional activities:
Whitewater Rafting ($145 Full Day/$125 Half Day), Horseback Riding ($50 2 Hours/$70 3 Hours), ATVs ($70 2 Hours/$90 3 Hours), Whitewater Kayaking Day on the A River ( $120), Nile Sunset Cruise ($35), visit the Source of the Nile, visit Jinja Market
Kingfisher Resort – family bungalows
Day 4 of 9 Days Uganda Family Trip: Jinja – Transfer to Sipi Falls – Via Mbale Town – (4 hours drive)
Today you will be transferred to the beautiful Sipi waterfall on a plateau at an altitude of 1800 meters.
The Sipi River flows through the foothills of Mount Elgon, creating a series of impressive waterfalls around 100 meters high, surrounded by village walks and green coffee production areas. Today’s activities will take us to four spectacular waterfalls on the Sipi River which originates from Mount Elgon, an organized community walk with a local guide will allow us to reach the base of the falls in the caves we return. Relax in our lodge for your wonderful stay. You can enjoy a beautiful view of one of the waterfalls from your cabin. (F/B Meal Plan)
Sipi River Lodge
Rafic Sipi lodge – Family Lodge
Day 5 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Explore Sipi Falls and its surroundings – Drive to Guru – Free at night – (Total drive 5 hours)
Today, after breakfast, you can choose to visit the Sipi Discovery Centre, take a nature walk and learn about the flora and fauna of Mount Elgon at a leisurely pace. Then we drive to Guru via Lila, stop for lunch, continue to Guru and arrive in time to register. , Free time at night to explore this northern capital of Uganda – Free time at night (Meal Plan F/B
African Roots Lodge
Day 6 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Proceed to Murchison Falls National Park – Easy Evening Game Drive (3-hour drive)
Today, after breakfast, proceed to Murchison Falls National Park. Murchison Falls National Park is the largest protected area in Uganda, covering over 3,840 square kilometers. The park takes its name from its famous waterfall: the mighty Murchison Falls, formed when the Victoria Nile surged through a narrow gap before plunging 43m down.
We arrive in time for lunch, relax or have fun by the hotel pool, but later in the evening, we go on a relaxing game drive in time for breakfast, dinner, and overnight. (F/B Meal Plan).
Paraa Safari Lodge (Up Market-Standard)
Pakuba Safari Lodge – family room.
Day 7 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Murchison Falls National Park – Morning Safari – Afternoon Boat Ride – Visit to the top of the Falls
After breakfast today you drive across the plains of Uganda’s largest national park. The 3,893 square kilometer park is home to a variety of animals and you will have the chance to see some of the park’s residents including lions, giraffes, antelopes, buffaloes, and elephants. For the bird watchers among you, these areas support secretaries and serpent eagles to name a few.
In the afternoon, take a boat trip to the base of Murchison Falls, where the Nile flows 43 meters into the Nile through a small 7-meter hole on its way to Lake Albert. The banks of the Nile are home to crocodiles, hippos, and various other wild animals that come to the river for a drink.
After the boat ride, you will hike to the top of the waterfall. It offers fantastic views and good photo opportunities before heading back to the hotel for dinner and overnight. (F/B Meal Plan).
Paraa Safari Lodge (Up Market-Standard)
Pakuba Safari Lodge – family room
Day 8 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Murchison Falls – Budongo – Chimpanzee Trekking – Exploring Hoima Culture – Ziwa Rhino
Optional activity: Chimpanzee tracking in Budongo forest (Price: USD 95 per person – 15 years and older) / Hot air balloon ride Price: USD 380 per person
Budongo Forest is located in the southern part of Murchison Falls National Park and is home to the largest population of wild chimpanzees in Uganda. The habitation group is located at Kaniyo Padibi, where you can track chimpanzees.
Budongo Forest is incredibly bio-diverse and contains several other species in addition to chimpanzees, such as blue monkeys, red-tailed monkeys, howler monkeys, and olive baboons. After the hike, we will have lunch and transfer to Hoima to get to know the cultural environment and royalty in the center of the Hoima kingdom.
We continue to our hotel at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for dinner and overnight. Chimpanzees can only be seen for 1 hour. Depending on the location of these people’s relatives, the trek takes about 1 to 6 hours. We return for lunch before heading to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Chimpanzee tracking fee USD 85.00 net (Kaniyo Pabidi),
The price is not included in the offer (price/person)
(F/B Meal Plan)
Accommodation: Amuka Safari Lodge/Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary guest house – family room
Day 9 of 9 Days Family Trip in Uganda: Ziwa Rhinos & Shoebill Safari Walk – Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe Departure
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary, where you will join an experienced ranger for rhino tracking and shoehorn hunting. You will see rhinos up close.
Black and white rhinos were once home to Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Park. But due to widespread poaching during the era of Idi Amin, these majestic animals disappeared into the wild.
Rhino Foundation Uganda was established in 1998 to reintroduce black and white rhinos to Uganda, conduct breeding programs, and educate communities about endangered rhinos. After lunch, we will transfer you to Kampala or Entebbe airport for your international flight home. (meal plan on the delivery note)
A very important note:
– Children aged 2 to 15 years. Children aged 16 and over are considered adults and adult prices apply. – Since this is a private excursion, the departure can be arranged at any time of the year, depending on the availability of accommodation and transport.
– Hotel reservation:
Reservations for the hotels mentioned in the plan are subject to availability. Reservations will only be made after booking.
– If the above-mentioned hotels are not available in the requested period, we will do our best to book you a hotel of the same class – after consulting you, of course.