16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari Along the Nile
16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari will lead you to the untouched wilderness of Kidepo Valley, an indigenous remote community of the Iks, the Napolians, the Dorot, and the rich wildlife of Uganda Pearl including the restored endangered Rhinotorids in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
We will continue the journey south bringing you to the highlights of more game, birdlife, plants species, chimpanzees, wild boat rides, community experiences within the rich African cultural settings as well as that wonderful opportunity to shoot exciting photographs.
The southern part of this Pearl of Africa will introduce you to the gentle giants of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, half of the only remaining endangered “Rear Mountain Gorillas” as well as discover that nature and the friendliness of Ugandans are always happy & smiling people.
16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari highlights:
- Day 1: Arrive at Entebbe Airport – Meet /greet – transfer to hotel – briefing – overnight
- Day 2: Early morning set off to Jinja – Full day in Jinja – (option for half-day White Water Rafting)
- Day 3: Entebbe/Kampala – Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary – transfer to Gulu – overnight
- Day 4: Gulu – Kitugm – Kidepo Valley National Park – Game drive/Safari Walk
- Day 5: Kidepo Valley National Park – Morning game drive – Afternoon Community Walk/experience
- Day 6: Kidepo Valley National Park – Murchison Falls National Park – Evening Game drive
- Day 7: Murchison Falls National Park – Game drive – Boat Cruise – Hike to the Top of the Falls
- Day 8: Murchison Falls National Park – Hoima – Fort Portal – Semuliki Valley National Park
- Day 9: Semuliki Valley National Park – Game drive – Sempaya hot springs – Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 10: Kibale Forest National Park – Chimpanzee Trekking – Queen Elizabeth National Park – Equator & Game drive
- Day 11: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Game drive – Boat Cruise – Community walk/experience
- Day 12: Queen Elizabeth Northern Sector – Transfer to the southern Sector – Ishasha
- Day 13: Ishasha – game drive – transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – prepare for tomorrow
- Day 14: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Gorilla Trekking – free evening/option community experience
- Day 15: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – transfer to Lake Mburo National Park – evening game drive
- Day 16: Lake Mburo National Park – Morning Game/Safari walk – transfer to Entebbe – depart
Main Safari Activities
- Primate viewing
- Boat Cruise on the Nile for crocodiles, waterbucks, birds
- View the “BIG FIVE”,
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Big game viewing and Boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth Park
- Gorilla tracking
- Visit the deepest lake of Uganda – Lake Bunyonyi visit
- Viewing zebras, impalas, Elands, Boat cruise for crocodiles, Finfoots…
16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari
- Tours Start Entebbe Int. Airport (Google Maps)
- Minimum Persons 2 max 6
- For the single traveler: 1 pax – please contact us for rates
- Pick up and drop off/departure location: Entebbe International Airport
- Departure/drop off time: 3 hours before flight time.
Detailed 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari
Day 1: Arrival – Entebbe Airport –Meet greet – Hotel – Briefing – Overnight
Arrive at Entebbe International Airport; here you will be met by your team of staff and a driver-guide to transfer you to your hotel for check-in and a moment for interactions and briefing, dinner, and overnight. (Meal Plan on B/D)
Accommodation options: Laico Hotel (Standard upmarket), Karibu GH/Acacia Lodge/Cassia Lodge (Mid-range)
Day 2: Entebbe/Kampala – Jinja – Option for half-day Rafting –return to Kampala/Entebbe – Overnight
An early morning breakfast, your guide will pick you up through Kampala city and head to Jinja, you will arrive in time for starting the White Water Rafting (Optional) the main activity of the days, other option activities include- (Kayaking, Quad Biking, boat cruise at the source of the Nile, Zip lining, Samuka Island visit, Jinja city visit – established in 1900 and Bungee Jumping), as we wind up this exciting and beautiful day, in the evening we will set off back to Kampala – the drive will take us through the tea and sugar cane plantations through an evening drive in Kampala as we head to our hotel to relax as you prepare for the next day adventures, dinner and overnight.
Full day dedicated to Jinja exploration White-Water rafting (Half), visit the souse of the Nile and other optional activities as indicated in the itinerary, later in the evening we will return to Kampala/Entebbe to our lodge for dinner and an overnight Rafting fee $114.00 Net in Kibale National Park,
Price Is Not Included in The Quotation (price/pax)
(Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Laico Hotel (Standard upmarket), Cassia lodge/Karibu Guest House (Mid-range)
Day 3 of 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari: Entebbe/Kampala – Zziwa Rhinos, Shoebill Safari walk – Gulu – Overnight
You will have an early breakfast, and then meet your Tour Guide as you will then start driving north, a stopover at Zziwa Rhino sanctuary for the Rhinos and the Shoebill nature walk, lunch, and later precede Gulu, Uganda’s second-biggest town. On your way, there are a lot of Uganda’s Natural features, villages, and Rural settings to View and appreciate before getting to Gulu town for dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: African Roots Gulu hotel/Acholi inn (Moderate)
Day 4: Gulu – Kitgum – Kidepo Valley national Park – evening game drive
After our breakfast, we embark on a journey further East North of Uganda via Kitgum to Kidepo valley National Park. Kidepo is one of the wildest and most spectacular reserves in Africa. This park is surrounded by hills and rocky grounds.
Expect not to miss the wildlife in this area like the Elephants, herds of Buffaloes, Jackals, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Klipspringer, and possibly Lions; you also have an opportunity to visit the lions Rock, where you can even opt to camp in the wild if interested. You also have a great opportunity to capture your best pictures if you’re a photography lover. (Meal plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Apoka Lodge (Luxury), Savannah Nature Lodges/ Nga’Moru Wilderness Camp (Mid-range)
Day 5: Kidepo Valley National Park – Game drive – Cultural Experience – (optional guided night game drive)
After an early breakfast, we go for a morning game drive to Kanangorok hot spring area crossing the sand river. A variety of animals can be seen roaming around including Ostrich connecting back for lunch. There is an opportunity to experience the sand river which dries up in the dry season.
In the afternoon have a cultural experience that will bring you into contact with Karamojong peoples at Karenga and Kapedo. Meet the local elders and have an opportunity to interact with them. Enjoy a cultural experience as they will show you the kraals, the grinding stones, their famous Karamoja dance, and social experience. (Meal plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Apoka Lodge (Luxury), Savannah Nature Lodges/Nga’Moru Wilderness Camp (Mid-range)
Day 6: Kidepo Valley National Park – Gulu – Murchison Falls National Park – Evening game drive
This day after breakfast we will transfer to Murchison Falls National Park via Kitgum, and the two Gulu towns, the drive is very spectacular as we will be viewing some game and cultural homestead settings. Lunch as we catch a glimpse of Uganda’s biggest northern town, which is also the greatest hub of Africa’s newest country South Sudan.
We have an opportunity to do some quick shopping as we drive out south to Karuma and the Murchison falls via the northern gate of Pakuba, we will arrive in time for an evening game drive, dinner and overnight. (Meal plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Pakuba Safari Lodge (Mid-range)
Day 7 of 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari: Murchison Falls National Park – Game Drive – Boat Cruise – Hike to the Top of The Falls
Early morning breakfast and then we head to the Delta belt for a game drive on a lookout for the big cats hunting, Elephants, Giraffes, Buffalos, we will also get an opportunity to view a cocktail of Birds and mammals, with our bags, we will cross the Nile to the south for lunch before we embark on an afternoon super highlight of a 2 hours boat ride to the bottom of Falls where you get to see the Hippos! Nile Crocodiles, Elephants, and a variety of beautiful bird species along the river banks.
If you are a keen birder this might be your moment, from here we will get out of the boat to start our 45-minute hike along with the rime of the escarpment up to the Top of this Magnificent water Fall that truly describes Uganda a Pearl of Africa, at this place the Nile is pushed through a small cliff and flows down powerfully, an impressive insight. You will be picked up by your driver-guide to driving to the lodge in time to refresh before you are invited for dinner and overnight. (Meal plane F/B)
Accommodation options: Paraa Safari Lodge (Luxury), Pakuba Safari Lodge (Mid-range)
Day 8: Murchison Falls National Park – Hoima – Semuliki Valley National Park
Drive to Semliki and head to Bundibugyo, enjoy this spectacular drive with views of Lake Albert and the legendary Mountain Rwenzori ranges. This park is situated in Bundibugyo district along the western border of Uganda with the Democratic Republic of Congo near Lake Albert. The park has a great location within the western Albertine Rift valley region and occupies the eastern section of the Ituri forest connecting Uganda with the Congo River separated by river Semliki.
Semliki is a site for ornithologists with approximately 400 species of birds mainly forest birds. Approximately 300 species of trees have been recorded here and more than 52 mammal species including 11 diurnal species. At the night you will have a spot-lit game drive. The night, only one of this nature in the whole of Uganda and see the thin white-tailed mongoose, very small night-jars plus several cats, dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on Full Board)
Accommodation options: Semuliki Safari Lodge (Luxury), Ntoroko Lodge/Kirimia Guest House (Moderate)
Day 9: Semuliki – Game drive – Sempaya hot springs – walk – transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
Visit the highlight in Semliki, referred to as the Sempaya hot springs. These natural springs have a geyser shooting high from an 8-meter-wide hole at a very high temperature. Of its kind, this is the largest in the whole of Uganda.
On this very trail, you may identify a couple of bird types such as the blue breasted kingfisher plus Frasier’s ant-thrush in addition to primates such as the grey checked mangabey plus the red-tailed monkey.
Proceed to Mungilo waterfall to see some other fascinating birds; particularly ideal for birders. In the late afternoon, take a boat ride on Lake Albert, a wonderful lake. See the various water animals and later drive to Kibale National Park via Fort Portal for dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on Full Board)
Accommodation options: Kyaninga/Ndali lodge (Luxury), Chimpanzee Forest Camp/Rweetera Safari Park (Mid-range)
Day 10 of 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari: Kibale Forest National Park – Chimpanzee trekking – Queen Elizabeth National Park – evening game drive
Today head to Kibale another favorite tourist destination. Enjoy the beautiful drive southwest through Fort Portal where you will have a lunch break. See the Toro Kingdom palace, the eating places, Royal tombs, the mosque, and several shops however drive on to Kibale, only a couple of kilometers ahead. This national park has the biggest number of primates in the whole of East Africa such as chimpanzees, black & white Colobus monkeys, the blue monkeys plus baboons.
After lunch, we will drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park, the takes us along the foothills of this Africa’s largest block Mountains of the Moon “Rwenzori Mountain Ranges” we will arrive at the lodge in time for dinner and overnight at Kazinga Wilderness Safari Camp- This lodge is along the edge of both the community enclave and the National Park, this gives it an all-around time viewing of animals.
Only 1 hour is permitted for you to view the chimpanzee. Trekking takes about 1 hour to 6 hours based on the location of these relatives of Man. We will return for lunch and thereafter depart to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Chimpanzee tracking fee $200.00 Net in Kibale National Park,
Price Is Not Included in The Quotation (price/pax)
(Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Kazinga Wilderness Safari Camp (Mid-range – in the wild – community affiliated), Mweya Safari Lodge (Luxury)
Day 11: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Game drive – Boat cruise – Community Experience & performance
As we begin the day at Queen Elizabeth National Park we will do a second early morning game drive, we are exposed to diverse animals, Big 5 members Elephants, Buffalos, big cats- Lions, Leopards, we also encounter warthogs- Hunchback carnivals like Hyenas are spotted along with the Circuits.
There is a rich birdlife especially our version of storks in the wetland spots as we reach the Flamingoes in the salt lakes. After lunch it is time for the Classic highlight of the 2hrs Boat cruise on the famous Kazinga channel, linking Lake George to lake Edward.
Here we see land and water Adapted Hippopotamuses Yawning, the Nile Crocodile gaping along the Banks! return to the lodge for a dinner and, (optional 3-hour night guided game drive depending on your strength and interest), stay or return at the lodge for your overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Kazinga Wilderness Safari camp (Mid-range – in the wild – community affiliated), Mweya Safari Lodge (Luxury)
Day 12 of 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari: Northern Sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park – Ishasha Southern Sector (So remote)
After our breakfast, we will drive off in the adventurous vast savannah of the Ishasha Southern area of Queen Elizabeth NP with Topis, the southern version of Elephants, and hopefully with the lions high in the Fig tree branches.
This is one of two areas in Africa where lions have the habit of regularly climbing trees to take a rest, we will check in our lodge, have lunch, and thereafter, we will go for an evening game drive in the lushes of this flat savannah grassland. We will return to the lodge in time for dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Ishasha Wilderness Camp (Luxury), Jangle Lodge Ishasha/Enjojo Lodge (Mid-range)
Day 13: Ishasha Sector – game drive – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – evening prepare for tomorrow
Breakfast on time to prepare for a transfer on to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park a world heritage for the Famous Mountain Gorillas through a beautiful breath-taking rolling cultivated hills to the misty Jungles covered mountains of Bwindi, we will arrive in time for lunch, and the evening will be dedicated to nature and community walk to interact with the local community as well as a cultural entertainment from the host groups, dinner and overnight at. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Ruhija Gorilla Lodge (luxury), Rushaga Gorilla Camp/Gorilla Mist Lodge (Mid-range)
Day 14: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Gorilla Tracking – Community experience/Batwa Entertainment
Early breakfast at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is the home to the forest giants that are cousins to human beings, the mountain gorillas. You will be taken in a group by a specialized guide into the jungle for your gorilla trekking adventure.
Trek through the beautiful nature and spend one hour with the gorillas, an unforgettable experience. This Impenetrable Forest is also full of birds, butterflies, and plant species plus forest hog, forest elephants, sitatungas, and dikers, evening option for community walk/Batwa experience and entertainment, dinner, and overnight.
Only 1 hour is permitted for you to view the Gorillas. Trekking takes about 1 hour to 8 hours based on the location of these gentle giants. After the trek, in the evening you could go for a guided nature walk or a community visit, return to the lodge for dinner, and overnight. Gorilla tracking fee $700.00 Net,
Price Is Not Included in The Quotation (price/pax)
(Meal Plane on F/B)
Accommodation options: Ruhija Gorilla Lodge (Luxury), Rushaga Gorilla Camp/Gorilla Mist lodge. (Mid-range)
Day 15 of 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – transfer to Lake Mburo National Park – evening game drive
After breakfast transfer to Lake Mburo, located along the southern Highway, we Leave Lake Bunyonyi and continue driving through the hilly areas (Switzerland of Africa). on arrival in the park, we check in and have lunch at the lodge before heading for an evening game drive to view Zebras, Topis, Warthogs, cape buffaloes, and impalas, (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Mihingo Lodge (Luxury), Rwaboko rock/Acadia Cottages (Mid-range)
Day 16: Lake Mburo National Park – Morning safari walk – return to Entebbe – stopover at the Equator
After an early breakfast, have a game-walking safari through the park as you embark on your journey back to Kampala. Have lunch en route with a stopover around the equator to have experiments and take enough photos. Later arrive in Kampala in the evening or a drop off at the Entebbe for a flight. (Meal Plan on B/L)
End of Deks Uganda Safaris Services – 16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari
16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari Quotation:
- Based on 2 persons sharing services – per person standard rate
- Standard Net rate – based on Mid-range Accommodation per person: $5,990.00
- For an extra 3rd person or more please contact the office for rates
Overnight stay options:
If staying in Entebbe, please request assistance at the time of booking this safari to allow us ample time to make arrangements. If departing Entebbe, the same night, please note’ by use of road’ returns to Entebbe are always late afternoon (approximately 16h00), please DO NOT book flights departing before 20h00 or 22h00 respectively to allow time for security, check-in, and if any delays due to weather.
16 Days Best Adventure Trip to Uganda Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Full-time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Gorilla permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $700.0 per person per visit
- Chimpanzee permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $200.00 per person per visit
- Full-time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Boat trips in both Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth & Lake Mburo National Park
- A 3-hour guided night game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park (optional – depending on one’s strength and interest)
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas, or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes, or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $15 per pax off as a donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas
- All government related taxes
- Optional Forest walks each at $20.0 plus entry of $40.0 park entry fees
- Optional Batwa community visit in Bwindi or Mgahinga or Nyakabade and the entertainment each at ($25 per person)
- Rafting fees/Half Day trip Jinja – Expedition price $114 per person
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
- Gorilla permit cost $700.0
- Chimpanzee permit costs $200.0 in Kibale Forest NP/$50.0 in Kalinju Forest & Kyambura Gorge in QENP
- Half-day Rafting fee costs $114.00