5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour – Kibale Forest National Park “The Primate Capital of the World”
This 5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour will start and end in Entebbe. It involves visiting Kibale Forest National Park which is home to Chimpanzees and other Primate Species like the colobus monkeys, and LHoests monkeys among others; the park is famous for chimpanzee tracking, bird watching nature walks, etc. Also, visitors will reach Queen Elizabeth National Park which is located in Western Uganda about 400 km from Entebbe.
The park is home to various mammal species such as tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector, elephants, buffaloes, crocodiles, hippos among others, birds (over 600 species), and trees and shrubs that form a wonderful climate all year. Activities like a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel, game drives in the park, bird watching, visits to the crater lakes as well as community safari walks make this trip enjoyable.
5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive/Entebbe airport – Meet greet – transfer to hotel – briefing/overnight
- Day 2: Entebbe – Kibale Forest National Park – Afternoon wetland walk – Overnight
- Day 3: Kibale Forest National Park – Chimpanzee Tracking -transfer to Queen Elizabeth
- Day 4: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Game drive – boat cruise – community experience
- Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Crater lakes visit – transfer to Entebbe airport – departure
Tours Start Entebbe Int. Airport (Google Maps)
Minimum Persons 2 max 6
For the single traveler: 1 pax – please contact us for rates
Pick up and drop off/departure location: Entebbe International Airport
Departure/drop off time: 3 hours before flight time.
Detailed 5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour
Day 1: Arrive Entebbe – Meet greet – transfer to hotel – briefing/overnight
Arrive at the airport/our team will meet you, greet and transfer to the hotel for a briefing a communication introduction to the itinerary, have a free evening dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on B/D)
Accommodation options: Laico Windsor Lake Victoria Hotel (Up Market-Standard), Karibu Guest House/Cassia lodge (Mid-range)
Day 2: Entebbe – Kibale Forest National Park – afternoon Bigodi wetland walk
After an early breakfast, you will transfer to the west for Kibale Forest National Park along the way you will have awesome and spectacular views of the Rwenzori ranges and the countryside of the area, have a stopover for lunch.
On arrival in Kibale forest national park, check in at your lodge and in the afternoon have a walk in Bigodi wetlands where you will be able to see various birds, also those endemics to the Albertine area. Later, have dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Kyaninga/Ndali Lodge (Up Market-Standard), Chimpanzee Forest Guest/Rweetera Safari Park (Moderate)
Day 3: Kibale Forest National Park – chimpanzee tracking -transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park – evening game drive
Have an early morning breakfast and be at the park headquarters early enough for briefing concerning Chimpanzee tracking such that by 8:00am you start the search for these primates in the forest. Meeting these chimpanzees is a great time whereby you will be able to take photographs of these creatures which carry a DNA (98% like that of human beings).
You will also see other various primates like the LHoests monkeys, Grey cheeked Mangabey, white and black colobus, red tailed monkeys, also birds will be spotted like the green breasted pitta, rumpled tinker bird and also different plant species will be seen.
Later in the afternoon, after your lunch head back to the lodge, pack your bags and depart for Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will arrive late in the afternoon. Check-in at the lodge, rest at your lodge in the evening. Option for a 3-hour guided night game drive depending on your strength and interest.
Only 1 hour is permitted to you to view the chimpanzee. Trekking takes about 1 hour to 6 hours basing on the location of these relatives of Man. We will return for lunch and thereafter depart to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Chimpanzee tracking fee USD $200.00 Net in Kibale Forest National Park,
Price Is Not Included in The Quotation (price/pax)
(Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodations options: Mweya Safar Lodge (Up Market-Standard), Kazinga Wilderness safari Camp (Mid- Range – in the wild – community affiliated)
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Game drive and – boat cruise – Community experience
After an early morning breakfast, proceed for a game drive which lasts for about 3 hours through various game trails looking for wildlife such as elephants, antelopes, leopards, lions, water bucks among others.
Drive back to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon go for a 2-hour boat cruise along the Kazinga channel where you will have a chance to see crocodiles, more herds of buffaloes, elephants, hippos, and also different bird species.
In the evening drive back to the lodge, have dinner and (optional 3-hour night guided game drive depending on your strength and interest), stay or return at the lodge for your overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation options: Mweya Safari Lodge (Up Market-Standard), Kazinga Wilderness safari Camp (Mid-range – in the will – community affiliated)
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Crater lakes visit – transfer to Entebbe airport – departure
After an early breakfast, drive towards lake Katwe and also the crater lakes region, you will be able to see various salt pans around lake Katwe, this is Uganda’s oldest salt mine. Thereafter, proceed to Kampala have stopover in Masaka for lunch and also at the equator, take enough photos as you continue to Kampala reaching late in the afternoon. Option for a charter flight by Aero link-price not included in the quotation (Meal Plan on Bed and B/L)
End of Deks Uganda Safaris Services – 5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour
5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour Quotation:
- Based on 2 parsons sharing services – per person standard rate
- Standard Net rate – based on Mid-range Accommodation per person: USD $1,515.00
- For any extra 3rd person or more please contact office for rates
Overnight stay options:
If staying in Entebbe, please request assistance at the time of booking this Uganda safari to allow us ample time to make arrangements. If departing Entebbe, the same night, please note’ both by use of charter flight or by road’ returns to Entebbe are always late afternoon (approximately 16h00), please DO NOT book flights departing prior to 20h00 or 22h00 respectively in order to allow time for security, check in and if any delays due to weather.
5 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Full time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e., park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Boat trips in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- A 3-hour guided night game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park (optional – depending on one’s strength and interest)
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $5 per pax off as donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas
- All government related taxes
- Chimpanzee permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $200.00 per person per visit
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- Air fares
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
- Chimpanzee permit costs $200.0 in Kibale Forest National Park