9 Day Uganda Family Tour – Mid-range “Medleys of the Pearl of Africa”
Uganda 9 Day Family Tour combines wildlife, Rhino tracking, and boat Uganda safaris will show you the best of what Uganda has to offer for your family. Activities are for all ages and you will stay in the best mid-range family-designed lodges, the tour will take you from Kampala, Jinja, and the Nile activities, Sipi Falls visit, Murchison Falls National Park, the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary visit, and Entebbe Education center.
9 Day Uganda Family Tour Highlights
- Day 1: Airport pick up/Entebbe meet greet – transfer to hotel – briefing – overnight.
- Day 2: Entebbe/Kampala – drive to Jinja – Zoo Keeper for a day experience – (drive time 2 hours)
- Day 3: Full day Jinja exploration and excursions (Optional activities in Jinja – include the below)
- Day 4: Jinja – Transfer to Sipi Falls – via Mbale town – (drive time 4 hours)
- Day 5: Explore Sipi Falls and the surrounding – drive to Gulu – free evening – (total drive time 5 hours)
- Day 6: To Murchison Falls National Park – a relaxing evening game drive (drive time 3 hours)
- Day 7: Murchison Fall NP – morning game drive– afternoon boat safari – a Visit to the Top of the Falls
- Day 8: Murchison Fall – Budongo –Chimpanzee trekking – Hoima Cultural exploration – Ziwa Rhinos
- Day 9: Ziwa Rhinos and Shoebill Safari walk – transfer to Kampala/Entebbe for departure
Tours Start Entebbe Int. Airport (Google Maps)
Minimum Persons 2 max 6
For the single traveler: 1 pax – please contact us for rates
Pick up and drop off/departure location: Entebbe International Airport
Departure/drop off time: 3 hours before flight time.
9 Day Uganda Family Tour Details
Day 1: Airport pick up/Entebbe meet greet – transfer to hotel – briefing – overnight.
Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be picked up by our representative and guide, meet greet and transfer to the accommodation for briefing and over view of the safari formalities, dinner and overnight.
Depending on the time of your arrival, you might be able to do some optional activities in Entebbe like a visit to the Botanical gardens or the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre. Please note that all activities today are optional. Meal Plan on B)
Accommodation option: Laico Hotel (Standard up market), Karibu Guest House/Cassia lodge (Mid-range)
Day 2: Entebbe/Kampala – drive to Jinja – Zoo Keeper for a day experience – (drive time 2 hours)
Today after breakfast, you will go on an exciting adventure with the entire family. You will wake up early and join the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre keepers in the kitchen to prepare the food for the animals, and then jump on the tractor moving from one exhibit to another to help feed an amazing array of exotic and endangered animals from giraffes to lions, cheater, and chimpanzee to rare birds.
You will get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes as you attend keeper briefings, participate in recording of animal behavior, or maybe even get the chance to perform health checks or help feed and rehabilitate rescued animals. This could be your most rewarding and fulfilling day of work ever, Lunch.
After this amazing experience you will make your way to the second largest town and the colonial manufacturing hub Jinja. Here the Nile River begins its journey from Lake Victoria all the way up to the Mediterranean Sea. Many activities are available around town. (Meal Plan on B/D)
Accommodation option: The Nile Porch/Kingfisher Resort – Family bungalow
Day 3: Full day Jinja exploration and excursions (Optional activities in Jinja – include the bellow)
Today you may decide to go for some of the optional activities in Jinja. Please note that all activities today are (Optional). In Jinja, you will stay at the Nile Porch/Kingfisher Resort. (Meal Plan on B)
Today you can relax at the lodge or choose optional activities:
White water rafting (full day USD 145 / half day USD 125), A horseback safari (USD 50 for 2 hours / USD 70 for 3 hours), Quad-biking (USD 70 for 2 hours / USD 90 for 3 hours), A Day of white water rafting on the river (USD 120), A sun downer cruise on the Nile (USD 35), A visit to the source of the Nile, A visit to Jinja market
Accommodation option: The Nile Porch/Kingfisher Resort – Family bungalow
Day 4 of 9 Day Uganda Family Tour: Jinja – Transfer to Sipi Falls – via Mbale town – (drive time 4 hours)
Today, you will be transferred to beautiful Sipi Falls that are on a plateau of 1800m above sea level.
The Sipi River flows over the foothills of Mount Elgon, forming a spectacular series of waterfalls, some nearly 100m high, surrounded by village walking trails and lush green coffee-producing hills.
Today’s activities will lead us to the four spectacular waterfalls on river Sipi, which originates from Mount Elgon for an organized community walk with a local guide will make us able to reach to the caves the base of the falls, we will return to our lodge to relax in your wonderful accommodation. From your lodge you have beautiful views over one of the waterfalls. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation: Sipi River Lodge/Rafic Sipi lodge – Family cottage
Day 5: Explore Sipi Falls and the surrounding – drive to Gulu – free evening – (total drive time 5 hours)
Today after breakfast, you can choose to go to visit the Sipi exploration center, do a nature walk, at leisure, learn about the flora and the fauna of mountain Elgon, later we will embark on our drive to Gulu via Lira for lunch stop, continue to Gulu at arrive in time enough to check in, have a free evening to explore this capital city of the northern part of Uganda – free evening (Meal Plan on F/B
Accommodation option: African roots Lodge/Gulu
Day 6: To Murchison Falls National Park – a relaxing evening game drive (drive time 3 hours)
Today after early breakfast, you continue your journey to Murchison Falls National Park. Murchison Falls National Park is the largest conservation area in Uganda, covering an area of over 3,840 km². The park’s name derives from its famous waterfall: the mighty Murchison Falls, which are formed where the Victoria Nile powerfully forces its way through a narrow cleft before plunging 43m down with a thunderous roar.
We will arrive in time for lunch, relax or enjoy a beautiful moment at the lodge’s swimming pool, later in the evening we will go for a relaxing game drive-retime in time enough for an early dinner and overnight. (Meal plan on F/B)
Accommodation option: Paraa Safari Lodge (Up Market-Standard), Pakuba Safari Lodge – Family room
Day 7: Murchison Fall National Park – morning game drive- afternoon boat safari – a Visit to the Top of the Falls
Today after breakfast, you will depart for an early morning game drive across the rolling plains of Uganda’s largest National Park. The 3,893 sq km park is home to a range of animals, and you will have a chance of viewing some of the Park’s residents including lions, giraffes, hartebeest, buffalo, and elephants. For the birders amongst you, these areas support the secretary bird and the black chested snake eagle, to name a few.
In the afternoon, go for a boat trip to the base of Murchison Falls, where the Nile thunders through a small 7-meter gap plunging 43 meters into the Nile on the way to Lake Albert. The banks of the Nile are densely populated with crocodiles, hippopotamus, and a range of other wildlife that come to the river to drink.
After the boat safari you will hike to the top of the falls. From here you have a wonderful view and fantastic photo opportunities, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight. (Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation option: Paraa Safari lodge (Up Market-Standard), Pakuba Safari Lodge – Family room
Day 8 of 9 Day Uganda Family Tour: Murchison Fall – Budongo –Chimpanzee trekking – Hoima Cultural exploration – Zziwa Rhinos
Optional activity: Chimpanzee tracking Budongo forest (cost: 95 USD per person – from age 15)/ Hot air balloon safari Costing: $380 us dollar per person
Budongo Forest is located in the southern part of Murchison Falls National Park and has the highest number of wild chimpanzees of Uganda. The habituated groups are located in Kaniyo Padibi, where you can go for chimpanzee tracking.
Budongo Forest has an incredible biodiversity that beside the chimpanzee includes several other species like the blue monkeys, Red-tailed monkeys, Vervet monkeys and Olive baboons.
After the trek, we will have lunch and the transfer to Hoima to have an experience on the cultural setting at the Hoima Kingdom center and regalia. We will continue to our lodge at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for dinner and overnight.
Only 1 hour is permitted to you to view the chimpanzee. Trekking takes about 1 hour to 6 hours basing on the location of these relatives of Man. We will return for lunch and thereafter depart to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Chimpanzee tracking fee USD $85.00 Net in Kaniyo Pabidi,
Price Is Not Included in The Quotation (price/pax)
(Meal Plan on F/B)
Accommodation: Amuka Safari Lodge/Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary Guest House – Family room
Day 9 of 9 Day Uganda Family Tour: Ziwa Rhinos and Shoebill Safari walk – transfer to Kampala/Entebbe for departure
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary where you will go with an experienced ranger for Rhino tracking and Shoe-bill search. You will see the rhinos in a very close range.
Kidepo Valley National Park and Murchison Falls National Parks once had both black and white rhinos; however widespread poaching during the Idi Amin era resulted in the disappearance of these majestic animals from the wild.
Founded in 1998, Rhino Fund Uganda works to reintroduce black and white rhinos into Uganda and runs a breeding program, as well as work to educate communities on endangered rhinos. Lunch and after we will transfer you to Kampala or Entebbe airport for your international flight back home. (Meal Plan on B/L)
Very Important Notes:
- Children are between 2 years old till 15 years old. A 16-year-old is considered an adult and the adult rates apply.
- Since this is a private tour, departure can be organized for anytime throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
- Hotel reservations:
The bookings with the hotels mentioned in the program depend on availability. Reservations will only be made after your booking.
- In case the mentioned hotels are not available during the requested period, we will do our best to book a hotel in the same class for you- of course after consulting you.
End of Deks Uganda Safaris Services – 9 Day Uganda Family Tour
- Based on 2 parsons sharing services – per person standard rate
- Standard Net rate – based on Mid-range Accommodation per person: USD 2,520.00$
- For any extra 3rd person or more please contact office for rates
Overnight stay options:
If staying in Entebbe or wishing to join up or extend to any of the primate safari of your choice, please request for assistance at the time of booking this safari to allow us ample time to make arrangements. If departing Entebbe, the same night, please note’ by use of road returns to Entebbe are always late evening 17h00) please DO NOT book flights departing prior to 20h00/22h00 respectively in order to allow time for security, check in and if any delays due to weather.
9 Day Uganda Family Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Chimpanzee permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $95.00 per person per visit
- Full time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Full time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Boat trips in both Murchison falls,
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $10 per pax off as donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas
- All government related taxes
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- Air fares
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
- Chimpanzee permit costs $95.0 in Budongo Forest NP