22 Days Exclusive Uganda Safari Tour
22 Days Exclusive Uganda Safari Tour, wildlife adventure, gorilla trekking safari, Cultural Safari Uganda Primates Tour (“The World’s Most Preferred Primates Destination”). Uganda a landlocked country in East Africa has a diverse landscape encompassing wildlife, nature, and rich cultural diversity of – the happiest and most welcoming people on the African continent.
Its natural reserves include the vast mountain ranges with snow caps, rolling hills with continuous arenas, beautiful rain forests home to the most endangered primates species in the world “Mountain Gorillas” in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forests, that lie in the southern part of the country, the Chimpanzees 98.7% DNA Human’ in the Central rain forests of Kibale National Park, to the East, North and Northeast you will see Lake Victoria, Nile River, Mount Elgon, the Sipi Falls, the Karamojong with its unique unexploited Kidepo Valley National Park, the beautiful crater lakes as well as what makes Uganda the Pearl of Africa the “Murchison Falls,” Magnificent enough as it marvels through an 8m gorge down to 43m – waterfall, forming a wonderful Sounds of Nature and its Colourful Rainbow.
Uganda, christened the ‘Pearl of Africa’ by former British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill, has performed to its potential, and recent – has been named the 4th-Most preferred Tourism destination in the world by Rough Guides – 2020, a leading travel publisher – just after India, Scotland and Canada.
22 Days Exclusive Uganda Safari Tour highlights
- Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe international airport
- Day 2: Early morning drive from Banana village on through Kampala City
- Day 3: Hike to Sipi Falls in Sipi
- Day 4: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park
- Day 5: Game drive in Kidepo Valley National Park
- Day 6: Game drive in Kidepo Valley National Park
- Day 7: Kitgum town
- Day 8: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 9: Full Days Adventure in Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 10: Adventure in Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 11: Transfer from Murchison Falls National Park to Fort Portal
- Day 12: Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 13: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 14: Full Day Adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 15: Adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 16: Game drive in the Ishasha Sector and Proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 17: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 18: Drive from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 19: Boat Ride on Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 20: Drive from Lake Bunyonyi to Lake Mburo National Park Via Mbarara
- Day 21: Full Day tour in Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 22: Transfer back to Kampala and arrange for Departures
Main Safari Activities
- Primate viewing
- Boat Cruise on the Nile for crocodiles, water bucks, birds
- View the “BIG FOUR”,
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Big game viewing and Boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth Park
- Gorilla tracking
- Visit the deepest lake of Uganda – Lake Bunyonyi visit
- Viewing zebras, impalas, Elands, Boat cruise for crocodiles, Fin-foots…
Detailed 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Safari Tour
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe international airport
Arrive at Entebbe international airport, and transfer to Banana Village Retreat Centre for briefing and Overnight (O/N), the village is 10km from Entebbe airport.
Day 2: Early morning drive from Banana village on through Kampala City
Early morning drive from Banana village on through Kampala City, cross the mighty River Nile in Jinja town, drive through the Eastern towns of Uganda; Iganga crosses the swampy river – Mpologoma to the Eastern Capital Mbale. Drive to Lacaam Lodge near the 100m Sipi falls overnight. The road from Entebbe / Kampala to Sipi is tarmac with some spots of murram.
O/N at Lacaam Lodge
Day 3: Hike to Sipi Falls in Sipi
Early morning walks to Sipi Falls for site seeing, then a long drive through Sironko town on tarmac road. From Sironko town, drive to Moroto town on a dusty loose surface road. Along this road, some form of upcoming remote trading centers can be seen.
O/N at Mt. Moroto Hotel in Moroto town
Day 4 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park
The early morning drive from Moroto town to Kidepo Valley Park is still on a loose surface road through the remote villages of the Pastoral communities of the Karimojong ethnic tribe. Enter the park from the south-eastern gate to Apoka Hostel for resting.
O/N at Apoka Hostel
Day 5: Game drive in Kidepo Valley National Park
Early morning game drive on the tracks of Kidepo to the Narus Valley see animals like elephants, buffaloes, Giraffes, Zebras, Cheaters, Lions, Leopards, Dik-diks. Important Birds to be seen include; the Giant Ostrich, Bustards, Secretary birds, and Karamoja Apalis among others.
Afternoon; resting O/N at Apoka Hostel
Day 6: Game drive in Kidepo Valley National Park
Early morning game drives in the Kidepo Valley in search of more games and visit the Kidepo River and Kanatarok Hot springs. Afternoon; Resting in preparation for tomorrow’s long drive.
O/N at Apoka Hostel
NOTE: For lunches and Dinners in Kidepo Valley, we are considering to buy own food from the neighboring town and a cook at the Apoka Hostel prepares it for us. In the previous itinerary, we had indicated that we have the meals at Apoka Lodge but we have been told that they only cater to their clients. However, we still need to know more about it
Day 7: Kitgum town
Set off early from Kidepo Valley National Park to Gulu through Kitgum town on a loose surface and dusty road. Lunch en-route.
O/N in Gulu town.
Day 8 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
Early morning Drive from Gulu town to Murchison falls Park on a loose surface, dusty and bumpy road to Pakwach town for check-in at Pakwach Global Village, time allowing make an afternoon game drive in Murchison Falls Park to see wildlife like Uganda Kobs, oribis, Heart beasts, Ground Hornbills, Hoopoes….
O/N at Global Village
Day 9: Full Days Adventure in Murchison Falls National Park
Early morning game drive in the Paraa area. This gives us chances to search for the Giraffes, lions, Leopards, Oribis, and Heart beasts. Luckily enough see the “Elusive Shoebill Stork” at the delta point on the river Nile where it enters Lake Albert on its long journey to the Mediterranean Sea. Drive back and have Lunch at Global Village.
Afternoon; resting. O/N at Global Village
Day 10: Adventure in Murchison Falls National Park
Early morning boat cruising on the waters of the Nile International River to see the thunderous Murchison Falls from downriver. During the cruise, you see crocodiles, hippos, Elephants, Nyamusika cliffs with lots of birds like the Red-throated and Carmine Bee-eaters, Pied Kingfishers, and Pranticoles. European visiting birds; Gull-billed and white-winged Terns… can also be seen.
Mid-morning ferry crossing and drive to the top of Murchison Falls and experience a cool breeze. A good place for relaxation and maximum camera usage!! Then drive to Sambiya River Lodge for lunch, swimming through the afternoon.
O/N at Sambiya River Lodge
Day 11 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Transfer from Murchison Falls National Park to Fort Portal
Early morning long drives from Sambiya River lodge via Kigumba gate through Buliisa town, have good sceneries of the Albertine escarpment, pass through Biso, Hoima, Kagadi, Kyenjojo towns to Fort portal. The road from Murchison to Kyenjojo is loose surface, bumpy and dusty while from Kyenjojo to Fort portal town is a tarmac Lunch en route. From Fortportal town to CVK, near Kibale National Park on a loose surface road. O/N at CVK Resort.
Day 12: Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
Resting at the CVK camp and enjoying the activities around; having beautiful sceneries of the crater lake, a nature walks around can be rewarding as we can see birds like the Great Blue Turaco, the Vervet monkeys, Olive Baboons…. not leaving out fascinating ecological information.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all at CVK
O/N at CVK. Here Kibale Forest is omitted because no tracking chimps
Day 13: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Leave CVK around noon, drive to Fort portal town, and have lunch there. Drive from Fortportal to Queen Elizabeth on a tarmac road through Kasese town and enter by Katunguru gate. On the 20 km stretch to the Guest hostel at Mweya, Waterbucks, Uganda Kobs, Warthogs…. and a lot of birdlife can be seen
O/N at Guest hostel, Mweya
Day 14: Full Day Adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Early morning game drive on the tracks of the southern section of the park in search of the lions, Elephants, Buffaloes, and the numerous Uganda Kobs as they graze and at the same time cautious of the lion attacks. During the drive, a lot of birdlife is experienced like the raptors, and vultures as they all wait to scavenge on the “leftovers” by the lion. Lunch, swimming, and resting through the afternoon at Kingfisher lodge and O/N at Guest Hostel Mweya.
Day 15 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Morning visit to the crater lake area (volcanic Activity) for the good sceneries of the waterless craters and mirror surfaced lakes. On the crater course, you can rest and have a coffee at the “Queen’s Pavillion” which was inaugurated during the Common Wealth Heads of Government (CHOGM) in 2007.
Afternoon boat cruise on the Kazinga channel – the haven for waterbirds in Uganda including the migrants from Europe eg Gulls, Terns, Storks. View them as they freely share territory with big game like elephants, hippos, buffaloes. Crocodiles are also not strangers on the channel. Watch them as they sunbathe on channel banks.
O/N at Guest Hostel Mweya
Day 16: Game drive in the Ishasha Sector and Proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Early morning drive from Queen to Bwindi impenetrable forest via Ishasha wilderness in the southern sector for a few hours in search for the tree-climbing lions. Lunch at Savanna Hotel near Kihihi town. Go through the Kihihi trading center to Buhoma village at the Entrance of Bwindi Forest.
Overnight at Bwindi view Banda.
Day 17: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Go for a nature walk in the morning and go for the cultural walk later in the afternoon. Lunch and Overnight at Bwindi View Banda.
Day 18 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Drive from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to Lake Bunyonyi
Early morning drive from Bwindi impenetrable forest to Lake Bunyonyi via Ruhiija and Kabaale towns. During the drive enjoy the undulating landscape covered with montane tree types of Bwindi Forest.
O/N at Overland Resort at Lake Bunyonyi
Day 19: Boat Ride on Lake Bunyonyi
Activities at Bunyonyi Lake: Swimming in the deepest lake in Uganda,
Speed boating to the Islands of Lake Bunyonyi, see Otters, water birds like Cormorants, African Jacanas….
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and O/N at Overland Resort
Day 20: Drive from Lake Bunyonyi to Lake Mburo National Park Via Mbarara
Early morning drive from Lake Bunyonyi on a tarmac road through Kabale, Ntungamo, and Mbarara towns and check-in at Skyblue Motel in Lyantode town. O/N at Skyblue Motel
Day 21 of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour: Full Day tour in Lake Mburo National Park
Enter Lake Mburo Park through Sanga gate early in the morning and do a game drive putting more emphasis on animals- like the Common Zebras, Impalas, Oribis, Topis, Elands, and birds like scimitar bills, wattled lapwings, Red-backed Scrub Robins, Southern ground hornbills, Grey-crowned Cranes- Uganda’s national bird) can be seen. Lunch at JIT Restaurant.
Afternoon boat cruise; see crocodiles, hippos, and many birds including the rare African Finfoots, Pied Kingfishers, Hadada ibises….
Overnight (O/N) at Skyblue Motel.
Day 22: Transfer back to Kampala and arrange for Departures
Early morning drive from Skyblue Motel in Lyantonde town, through Masaka town and Kampala city to Entebbe airport.
End of 22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour
22 Days Exclusive Uganda Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary on FB & BB basis
- Full time exclusive use of a 4 x 4 Safari Jeep/Toyota Land cruiser
- Gorilla permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $700.0 per person per visit
- Chimpanzee permit fees/permit purchased NET from UWA each $200.00 per person per visit
- Full time services of experienced English-speaking drive/guide
- All services in national parks i.e park entrance fees, guided nature walks, hikes & game drives
- Boat trips in both Murchison falls, Queen Elizabeth
- A 3-hour guided night game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park (optional – depending on one’s strength and interest)
- Bottled drinking mineral water, coffees, teas or soft drinks while on Safaris, game drives, walks, hikes or transfers
- All Nature/Safari & Community walks as indicated in the itinerary-safari program
- All airport pickups and drop off from Entebbe & back to Entebbe airport
- All activities indicated & mentioned in the itinerary
- A $15.0 per pax off as donation to orphanage homes whose parents’ death are/were as a result of animal conflicts within conservation areas
- All government related taxes
- Optional Forest walks each at $20.0 plus entry of $40.0 park entry fees
- Optional Batwa community visit in Bwindi or Mgahinga or Nyakabade and the entertainment each at ($25 per person)
- Laundry service in different hotels we stay
- Bar bills, phone calls
- Personal insurance and medical bills
- Air fares
- All other services of a personal nature
- All services marked as Optional in the itinerary
- Driver/guides/hotel staff or any other person’s gratuity
- Gorilla permit cost $700.0
- Chimpanzee permit costs $200.0 in Kibale Forest NP/$50.0 in Kalinju Forest & Kyambura Gorge in QENP